Thursday, August 17, 2017

PDX


Even though we've been married for five years, Tyler and I had never taken a vacation together until this year. Crazy right? We didn't even go on a honeymoon because I had just moved back to Springfield and started a new job when we got married. So this year, we decided to extend a trip we had planned with my family and spend some time to ourselves.

We flew into Portland around 10am and hit the ground running (side note: if you've never flown out of the Kansas City airport early in the morning on a Saturday, just know that the recommended two-hour advance arrival for domestic flights is a woeful underestimation--we got to the airport at 4:30 for a 7:50 flight and barely got to our gate before our flight started boarding!). Since Tyler had never been to Portland, I wanted to make sure he got to experience some of my favorite spots--like Powell's! The Portland Saturday Market was up and running, too, which I think is one of the best ways to get a feel for the city. I mean, a guy was standing on the corner playing a didgeridoo; how much more PDX does it get?


After a few hours downtown, we headed to our BnB, a little spot called The Bluebird Guesthouse that has become my go-to accommodation when I'm in Portland. It also happens to be a block away from Salt & Straw, which is a huge perk as far as I'm concerned. Honey lavender ice cream? Heaven. We turned in for an early night--we were wiped out, the time difference was starting to hit, and we had an early morning at the Gorge scheduled for the next day. I can't wait to post about that day--introducing my favorite person to my favorite place in the country!


Mt Hood is a beauty.
That famous PDX carpet

First stop: Powells. Always.









2 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh this makes me miss Portland so much. That was my home for 3 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So jealous! Portland is one of my favorite places in the world!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Be sure to check the notification box to see any replies. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished